Version 1.2 (10/01/2018)
FTL-SE is a program for performing Fourier Transforms, which can be useful in
teaching Crystallography, since they are related to Optical Transforms (e.g.
laser diffraction patterns). Furthermore one may get a quick hands-on experience
with the usefulness of processing images in the frequency domain for certain
band filters etc. This software is Freeware and can be distributed freely.
The program includes images, HTML tutorials (English, French) and the PDF
article by E.Aubert & C.Lecomte, "Illustrated Fourier transforms for
crystallography", J.Appl.Cryst. (2007), 40, 1153-1165.
- Forward & Inverse Fourier Transform
- Low-Pass Filter
- High-Pass Filter
- Custom-Mask Filter (for removing Fourier peaks)
- Image Histograms, Images may be dragged
- Swap Phase Sets
- Randomize / Discard FT Phases
- Randomize / Discard FT Magnitudes
- Easy Image Import (Load, Paste, Drag-Drop)
- Basic Image Drawing Function (Freehand & Lattice)
- Basic Scripting Functions
- Extensive HTML Tutorial (Aubert, Lecomte)
- VISTA-Ready by using accessible user folder
- Three Fourier Java-Applets included
- View FT Image line profile; More FT data export
- Zoomed FT Image (Alt-key); Three-column FT data export
- New: Batch Processing & Image Saving
- New: Manual FT brightness factor input
Click the link below for downloading
the self-extracting installation. Select
"Run" or "Open" to run the setup program immediately or select "Save"
to save the file to your computer.
The Windows Display Property has to be in 32-bit color mode,
otherwise the FT images will be corrupted. The screen resolution must be at 96